Monday, April 6, 2009

Fifteen Years, Seven Months, Eleven Weeks and One Day Since the Sky Fell

There are few words to describe how things have become here, as it it too much like a waking dream.

While there is still a rather large degree of distance between Tar and I, it's not how it was right after he had left the first time. In fact, the differences between now and the time before we'd realized how short our time was together are quite subtle, really...we're more so not completely as close as we were physically, and other things are well, left to be understood through action rather than being put into words.

He does so many little things that are just so sweet for me. Like, he tries his best to cook all of our meals, even though he's not exactly experienced with food preperation at all; I'm getting used to the slightly burned toast and the slightly too bland tea. Really, it's not the quality of what he's making, but why he's making it, at least to me it is.

Even though my bandages need to be changed every few hours, Tar sees to it with the same gentle and dedicated degree each time. I don't think he's yet realized that he wraps the bandages like his armwraps, but that seems to make it all the more sweet of him. After he finishes with them, he'll hold me until most of the sharper pains go away, and then find some book for me to read while he does his katas - sometimes he'll talk to me about the things he learned at T'narev, and explain to me why he does the motions he does.

He's said when I become stronger, he can help me work up my strength by teaching me some of the very basic stances and exersizes he had to do when he first began to study with the Ashen Order. Tar believes it will help calm the Hate that is lingering from my time in the forest.

I've tried to not think on that much these past two days, as it only makes me frustrated and off-center...part of me is afraid things will change when I am better, and so I am trying to focus on the happiness here for as long as it lasts; it's so very close to what I wanted all along.

Tar does go out from time to time, to get things for the apartment and for us. It's so strange to not question if he will be coming back each time he leaves, as I'd never realized exactly how much that had become a part of my day to day thoughts in such a short time. At least now I know if he does not return that there is something amiss...

...which is not something I wish to think about. Before I left he'd mention Scaven being in the area, causing trouble, and I still worry that despite his words, the man will being to actively torment Tar...

...I'll kill him if he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment