Monday, April 6, 2009

Fifteen Years, Seven Months, Three Weeks, Six Days Since the Sky Fell

Me day started early enough, as the sun wasn't so high but very bright in the sky when I finally awoke and made me way to Qeynos Harbor. I figured I could work a bit of coin at the Lure today, and maybe meet a few more of Bet's crew.

I was able to play me lute outside the Lure for a bit, and this very pretty lady came and started talking to me in our language. Was a bit unsettling at first, as only me and Vhargas ever use it to my knowledge, but she was very nice and pretty, and told me a bit more about their camp. I hope to see her again and talk to her somewhere safe like the Cove.

So eventually I made me way to the little tavern out in the middle of no where. Not much people were there, 'cept this bard fellow who has relationship problems - not that he understands his relationship has problems or nothing. And he won't listen to anyone bouts them either.

Eventually, that darkie gajo Tarack showed up, and he seemed to be all serious and such again. I made up me mind that he would be good to have some fun with him. The original plan was to take him to the beach, ruffle his feathers, and go for a swim, but Miss Bet said she had a note in the darkie language she needed to get sorted out so I though he could help us with that and we could slip a bite to eat.

We're not supposed to bring non-Faullen to the Cove, but Bet said if I blindfolded him and made him all confused, I could do it and he could help us. I was still trying to make fun surprise for him, so I didn't say much about it, just that we were going someplace secret and such before I took his sight from him.

Now, I got the idea to lead him all over Harbor, South and North Qeynos a few different ways before wandering to where our place really was, which was smart. He had a grin on his face the whole way there, and was thoroughly lost by the time we got to the Cove - I nearly was and I lead us there!

After I got him inside and up to the bar, and Miss Bet lectured me about calling him lad again - she thinks it odd I call someone old enough to be me gramps lad - before I took off his blindfold. He was indeed a bit surprised by his surroundings, and by the orange juice Bets sprung on him; she said Miss Kali, the pretty lady from the Lure, made the stuffs in the Cove, and they're fine eats and drinks.

She wrote out the weird darkie letters for Tarack, but he couldn't read them either - here it is he only spoke darkie and never learned to read it cus he was a slave when he was in Neriak. Bets was a bit upset that he was there then, cus I didn't find out first if he could read Thexian; I figured he could, cus he could speak it and I could see he could read common.

When I told her not all was lost cus of how I took the darkie gajo all overs, she exploded at me cus she felt I'd basically told him the way to the Cove - out of habit, I tried to turn it around on her by saying as far as Tar knew, we could be somewhere outside of the city till she said something. Bet left in a huff then, saying she was going to have to talk to me about things later.

Tar was worried that he had gotten me into trouble - the lad worries far to much for his own good - but I think I put his mind to rest on the subject. We finished up our eats, and I took his sight again before I lead him back out to Antonica through the underground.

Course that required a swim, and I'm sure it kinda scared him since he was blinded. I told him I'd get him to the surface and pointed in the right direction, but then he'd need to swim till his hand touched land; I was faster at swimming than he, so I was able to haul him out of the water when he got there.

I led him along the cliffs to Coldwind Point, and down past the docks to a nice spot on the rocks. Once we was settled, I took of his blindfold and we started talking; I got him to take off his gloves and read his palm for him.

He's an odd one, he is - even his palm says he is. And when we talked about it, he tried to hide all kinds of stuff about his past; we got into a long argument about him stuffing up some feelings cus he thought that it would keep him from the Hate inherent to his kin. Me thinks I won, but I'm still not sure.

Course, arguing made things too serious, so I stood him up and threw us into the water. We splashed about a bit, and roughed house kinda; and somehow we ended up kissing a bit. Tar's pretty inventive for not being romantic for something like three hundred or so years - he pulled me under the water for a kiss and floated us up during it - it was a very sweet thing.

Now, he's been having some problems with them pathfinders in the Elddar Grove, who told him he can't sleep there anymore like he has been, so he's staying with me now I guess. The innkeeps won't give him a room even though he's got citizenship papers, so I'd rather have him sharing the floor with me in my place than out in Antonica where a bear could eat him in his sleep.

A'sides, its nice to have someone to sleep next to.

No comments:

Post a Comment