Monday, April 6, 2009

Fifteen Years, Seven Months, Ten Weeks and Four Days Since the Sky Fell

Thirteen Days Since the Leaving

I awoke in an unfamiliar place, in an unfamiliar bed.

My first instinct was to scream - the last thing I remember was Tarack holding me close as he carried me, crying. When I opened my eyes and saw him, I was confused because I remembered the sword entering my body, and when I blacked out from the pain I truly thought that it was time for me to die.

But then there he was, with me...

After a moment of looking about, I realized that I was somewhere within the Temple of Life, which meant that Tarack had carried me all the way from Nektulos. But he wasn't there, not in the room and from what I could feel, not even in the Temple.

It hurts greatly to move, my neck and left shoulder burn with pain each time I move them, but waking up alone was terrifying and I had to try to get out of bed and find out where he was.

A priestess arrived before I had done more than sit up, and she insisted I lay back and relax. Of course, I immediately asked her where Tarack was, but she seemed confused; I explained to her that a Teir`Dal monk had been with me, and she informed me that he was being held within the cells for questioning.

Such news brought forth such an anger from me, I'm surprised the priestess didn't faint. I cursed at her, informing her that Tarack had saved me from death by the hands of a pack of wild dark elves and that he was a hero, not a criminal. The pain forgotten, I forced myself out of bed and to my things, picking up my weapons. She asked me what I intended to do, and I told her plainly that I planned on beating Alesso until the stupid and pompous bastard released Tarack.

Flustered, the woman promised that she'd have the High Priestess speak to Alesso instead, and that they would see that Tarack was released and brought here and insisted I remain in bed, citing I had lost far too much blood and had far too little time to have produced enough to keep me moving for long.

I agreed to this, however after more than twenty-four hours, I've yet to see Tarack. They've sent another priestess twice to change the dressing on my wounds and another several times to leave food; with how difficult it was to get a quill to even write this, I wonder if they really have taken steps to see to his release.

The first was correct though, I've very little energy at all to do anything. Even lifting my weapons for as long as I did has tired me - holding this quill tires me, thinking over the horrors of Nektulos tires me.

It makes me wonder exactly how close to death I was - surely much closer than when Miss Fae...D`Narin healed me. The once pure white robe I wore as a night dress has more red to it now than I imagined it would when Tarack wrapped it about me. Sadly, it is ruined as no amount of washing has completely removed the stains.

I find myself on edge, and the slightest annoyances make me very angry and spiteful. When I realize these emotions, my mind immediately returns to my days in the forest, the sensation of that primal energy returning.

Sometimes when I look into the mirror by the bed, I expect to see a Teir`Dal looking back at me, the anger is so accute. I'm not quite sure what to make of it, or any of the thoughts that dance inside my mind just yet.

I'd like to think that it is merely stress from finding out Tarack has been wrongfully imprisoned, but I continue to have the nagging feeling that there is much more to it than that....

Perhaps I fell further than I first thought at Timber Falls...

Enough thought and confusion, I can feel my eyes drifting open and closed, so I think now I shall sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment