Monday, April 6, 2009

Fifteen Years, Seven Months, Six Weeks Since the Sky Fell

Today was the wedding. Miss Diera looked beautiful in her gown, and though she is pregnant, she looked much better than she has the past few times I've seen her; the blush of a bride can hide many physical drains it seems. Sir D`Narin was surprisingly eloquent - I think I heard him speak more in the hour or so of the ceremony than I have ever, but that seemed to be the general consensus from everyone who knew him.

It was hard to pay attention to the ceremony, as beautiful as it was. I kept feeling like there were eyes on me, though I'm not sure if there really were or if it was just the past week of non-stop work and little sleep catching up to me.

After the ceremony but before the festivities, there was some weird traditions that were done. Mrs. D`Narin threw this bunch of flowers over her shoulder for a crowd of women, but I guess the wind was blowing a bit harder than expected cus they landed in my lap even though I was a bit aways from the crowd, pulling the food out of the packs. Though I didn't know it then, there's lots of meaning to the gaje about that sort of thing. Sir D`Narin took a garter off his wife's leg and threw it to the men, which has the same meaning I guess, but I was more worried about holding onto the flowers and getting the food ready to pay more attention.

There were so many people there, I lost track of them all and it was basically a blur of pouring alcohol, passing out candies and the like. I barely remembered to give Sir D`Narin his flask of whiskey, I was so busy passing out things to everyone. I nearly dropped those damn flowers twice, but papa always made sure we learned how to balance a million things without spilling the liquor.

Finally there were just a few people left, and none of them seemed to need more alcohol so I set the last pack of food and drink down with me on the big rock that over looked the pond. I was listening to everyone, kinda; I know I heard a lot of conversation, and I can recall nearly all of them, but I wasn't too keen on actually listening right then.

Out of bordem and nervousness, I undid the bundle of flowers and started weaving them into the leather straps of Tar's bo; the whole time I kept feeling a bit twitchy, and looking around didn't do much good, cus I didn't see anyone but the people from the wedding. Part of me hopes it is just Tarack, but part of me is afraid it's one of those damnable Hollow Watchers - either way, I was glad to leave and get back to my apartment.

All and all, watching the whole event made me conflicted - I was happy to see Diera and Latharos following their hearts, but it all just made me miss Tarack more. I think now that it's all said and done, I'm just going to sleep a lot and let myself relax.

Course, I'll probably go batty and end up in the kitchens again, but hey, what can you do...

No comments:

Post a Comment