Monday, April 6, 2009

Fifteen Years, Seven Months, Five Weeks, Six Days Since the Sky Fell

I tried to be out and about more today, as the Nature's Bounty was having some issues with their workshop, so I couldn't lock myself away in the kitchen again.

Spoke to Missus Faeshadow and Sir D`Narin, and sadly they've seen hide nor hair of Tarack since that night either. As each day slips into the next, I find myself loosing just a little bit more hope, and a little bit more...something. Each day, I'm less and less hungry, less and less thirsty, and more and more restless; but actually doing anything is just too much it seems.

I did venture down into the Down Below to finish up investigating this strange coin I found. Now I've gotten myself tangled up with the Cirle of Unseen Hands, and they've done a bit to keep me from going to the guards about their work. But, they've given me a bit to keep quiet aside from the threats, so I'll be spending some time down there as I can; they're in a rather secluded bit inside of the Down Below, and at least they're good company...mostly.

Just to be sure things weren't too weird, I had picked up a nice striking uniform to wear about while I worked for people. At least then the guards think I'm a Qeynosian Courier on official business, lets me slip some things past them they'd probably not like.

While doing the dirty work in the Down Below, I encountered a strange Iksar. At first, with all the tales I've heard, I was unnerved by his presence but as he kept talking, he seemed to just be like the rest of the world - fighting and doing what he had to do to protect himself and those he cared for. While he may be on the other side of the fence - in Freeport that is - everything he's had to do is out of necessity and not malice; makes me wonder how many of those Freeporters are just doing what they feel they need to do to survive.

Somehow, he got me to talking about Tarack, and after a bit I was just a mess. Since the morning after he left, or was it when I wrote to Missus Faeshadow...either way, its been a bit since I've actually let myself just let go and cry about it. For some reason, I started coughing a lot as I cried, with a bit of blood coming up each time; the Iksar is a cleric, and of course went nuts over such things.

Didn't even have the strength to protest him picking me up to carry me back to the Willow Wood, so I just told him where I lived. Even though he's more than not welcome in Qeynos, he carried me up to my apartment while ignoring the taunts and glares from the locals. He did a bit of healing, and made me drink a bit last night, and eat a bit today; he's got things to take care of and went out for a bit, and I've got cooking to do.

As polite as he is, I'm a bit annoyed at having to eat stuff when I'm not hungry. Hopefully locking myself away in the kitchen will keep that from happening again any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment