Monday, April 6, 2009

Fifteen Years, Seven Months, Four Weeks, Six Days Since the Sky Fell

The edge near the bottom of the page is warped, stained with..tears?...water? Thin lines and tiny splotches of blood sprinkle the page in several places, some of which appearing to be where the page was held open by a hand. A few slivers of wood have become pressed into the parchment of the pages, seeming to be maple in origin. The handwriting is scrawling and barely able to be called that at all...

He left...

HE LEFT...

I woke up to Miss Faeshadow - she was doing something, strange magic that seemed to drain her so much; it was so dangerous to her child, I could feel it and it snapped me awake. She wouldn't stop though, not till all the poison was gone from us both - so stupid to risk a child over Rhana!

She yelled something fierce at me for doing what I did - what I'm supposed to do if I wish to be with a gajo without becoming a marhime. She was angry at how close to death it took me, and told me if I had actually become with child from last night, I may have bled to death before Tar could have fetched her...

Until she told me how death would destroy Tarack's life, I didn't care; nothing is more diminishing to our kind than becoming marhime, and death is vastly better than that life...but she was right...to do that to Tar...

...I can't...

BUT HE LEFT!

His age, somehow they called attention to it, and Diera sensed that these things would not be taken well, leaving to take her rest after straining so much.

It did not matter that he was vastly older than I am, as love has no age...but with their words, and the things that have passed today...I realized that even if we never again see the face of combat or disease, he will die before I will - long before by two to three hundred years.

It leaves me in panic, the thought of waking up again without him beside me, of never seeing his face again one day. He realized too that he would leave me alone at what is so young for his kind, and he got angry at himself for doing such.

He doesn't want to think about how someday he won't have to worry about me being alone anymore as he will have passed on, but he cannot stand the idea of it. I cannot either...I couldn't live like that...and I told him that.

And he LEFT...

He got upset that I want to join him when he leaves this plane for the next, and he left me...

HE LEFT...

...just like miri familia...

Tarack jil avree 'Ana...

...and I was too weak to follow him...I tried so hard...my hands are raw from crawling, from holding tightly to the bo he left...cut with splinters from the floor and from the staff...but I couldn't find him...couldn't make it out of the inn...

...he's gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment