Monday, April 6, 2009

Fifteen Years, Seven Months, Three Weeks, Four Days Since the Sky Fell

For years, it's been me and Vhargas.

Me brother left to live in the Commonlands, which is crazy cus he's an artist, but hey, what can you do. I hear tale that he's still out there, living in a shack, painting away and tattooing bodies, and piercing all day long. I know that's what he wanted, but sometimes I can't understand why he had to leave us.

A while back, we moved to the Willow Wood, cus it's just not safe out in the wilds anymore, and so we could never find people to work for or mothing. Here, there are a few things we can do, but we're looked down upon as gutter trash and vagabonds; work is here, we just can't have much.

But things are changing.

Today I found a Teir`Dal of all things sitting outside the bank...but then I found an Ogre who said he was gonna eat me, so I had to hide. Once he was gone, I went up on the rock the darkie was sitting on and asked him if they really did all those horrible things in Freeport.

Course, he's used to defending himself, and set me straight on a few things - like the fact he'd been born in Neriak and tried to avoid Freeport like the plague. Oh, and that he followed Miss Tunare and not that mean old Innoruuk, which ain't normal for his kind at all.

I musta called him a gaje or something, cus I attracted a fiery wood elf's attention enough that she heard me say something about looking for work; she brought up my use of terms, and asked if I was Rom - she definately wasn't a normal gajo, that's for sure.

And she wasn't! She knows of a Chivani, one that camps with her crew!

Course, I jumped at her offer to work for her, cus I can talk to other Rom and see about joining their camp. But none of them were about, so I was left to talk to the darkie gajo a bit more before I realized I had been running work for people.

Guess the darkie gajo followed me, cus later on when Vhargas and I went to this tavern out in the middle of no where, he showed up. We was with this Vassnti darkie gajo pirate lad, who we were gonna help move to Qeynos so he could learn to buckle other people's swashes.

He sat with us, and there was a big commotion about this knight who said he used to write up the darkie's orders back when he was a guard at someplace called Promises. Guess that made the darkie gajo upset, cus he started off about how he could have stopped it and failed. Then this halfer woman cut in and the knight found her drinking something bad, though the darkie gajo - Tarack - seemed glad someone distracted the knight.

There was more commotions when a man who looked lots like the knight came in and there was a scuff about who he was and that he was lying like Tarack had tried.

It all made my head spin. But after the commotion died down - and after Vhargas tried to hook this lad up with some darkie lass - Vas and I were able to coax his story outta him. There's a lot that's happened to that poor elf, there is, and mosta it makes him pretty sad; boiled me blood to hear him put himself down over it, when none of it was stuff he could have changed unless he was one of the Gods.

Unfortunately, the lad Vhargas tried to help paid more attention to Tar's story than to the lass, and she slipped out the door on him. Miri vista, the drunk he is, soon passed out cold next to me, and I had to carry his heavy arse back to his placee.

Dunno if the elf is gonna be back, but I want to talk to him some more...give him a swift boot, er, foot to the arse to get him in gear with himself...

But even more! Oi, whirlwind be happening.

This Feir`Dal lad recognized me association with the Faullen, and stopped to chat me up. He's a...eh...courier, and one of those blucklers of swashes. We chatted up about why he's who he is, and he gave me some home brewed whisky. Made me giddy and I gave him a palm reading, think I scared the poor boy with how much I told him about himself. But the spirits made me tired, and him too, so I left him sleep in one of the corners.

So many peoples! So little of Rhana!

I hope every day ain't this whirly winded...

No comments:

Post a Comment