Monday, April 6, 2009

Fifteen Years, Seven Months, Twelve Weeks and One Day Since the Sky Fell

Physically, I feel much better. With Tarack's help, I've been able to start walking around again, though I cannot do so for too long before I feel too light headed. But even a few minutes is an improvement.

The rest...

Lately, he's been doing a number of things away from home, though I hope not more than he might do if I were completely well. He's not telling me something, I know it. I believe he may have encountered that Scaven again, however it is just a feeling I have - all I see from him are gentle smiles and reassuring words, that same protective caring he's given since bringing me back here.

When he is away, I find my thoughts drifting back to my experience within the forest of Nektulos. Sometimes...I can hear those voices again, the ones that whispered softly as the essence of the forest pulled me downward in a spiral, twisting me away from the world I knew and loved. They speak of darker things, telling me what people really see when they look at me...what is wrong with my life...and how they can fix it if I would only let them.

I twitch when I think about everything, and it's not just my ears. Whenever I think about them, and hear them again, something inside just seems to boil and seeth just below my skin...I feel like any moment I'm going to explode, rip the room apart and shatter everything here. Sometimes I've thought about just harming myself, to see if it makes it all go away - if having an outlet will make it vani

An ink splot slashes across the page, the quill set upon it for quite some time before being picked up again.

That was...interesting.

Although at first I was rather upset by the sudden interruption, the Temple sent over a priestess to look at my shoulder. She was very quiet, much like the other young girls that I saw there, however when she actually began moving, I noticed something very...strange about her.

Koada have always been graceful - at least from what I have seen, they are all so. But this one was, well, her movements were jerking and almost clumsy; several times she lost her grip on the bandages and ended up sighing in frustration.

She told me it was because basically she didn't feel right in her body, that she thought the small little motions she made would have more movement. To me, it sounded like the Marhime had been after his first growth spurt, but she assured me she had a rather steady and even rise to her current height.

The bandages mostly gone, I felt her fingertips brush my skin and I don't know why, but rather than cutting through the dark essence as a priest of light's should...they melted into it. It was such a strange feeling, really...perhaps I am arong and I am not as far fallen as I believe I am, but I don't think so.

She healed it the rest of the way. My whole upper body still is slightly sore when I move, but at least there won't be anymore sharp pains that make me collapse. Tonight I will try to cook a little, perhaps I can show Tarack how not to burn the water when trying to boil it.

I need to stretch. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment