Monday, April 6, 2009

Fifteen Years, Seven Months, Five Weeks, Two Days Since the Sky Fell

Last night, Vassnti found me trying to search for Tarack; I'd been attacked by a wolf and a bear, and was barely able to fight them off. I was out farther than I should be considering I was still not feeling well, and nearly paid for it.

Of course, he asked what was wrong with me, why I seemed so weak and so upset. Even though I know he had affections for me before Tarack and I figured out what was going on between us, I told him quite a bit about what's gone on.

He grabbed me and pulled me into a hug before I could do anything. It was upsetting, because only Tarack and my familia are supposed to do that at all now; but he wouldn't let go until I returned it, so I did. Though he claims he was doing it to comfort me, I have my doubts.

Aside from that, at first, he was very sweet, making sure I'd looked everywhere possible for Tar. When I realized I hadn't bothered searching all the inns within the main areas of Qeynos, he took me to each one in turn, though the results were all the same.

By then, between my cooking and searching non-stop, I found myself so exhausted I could barely push myself away from the counter in the Lure. Vas noticed, and decided that it would be best for me to rest for the night and continue my search in the morning. Leaning heavily on Tar's bo, we walked to the bell and went back to the Willow Wood; at least he had enough sense to not try to help me physically anymore.

However, things were as suspected. When we reached my apartment, he began to speak of how angry he was getting at Tar, and about how wrong and bad of a person Tar was for doing this...then asking me to consider staying at his place, saying he was afraid for me to be alone in such a state.

Now, he did claim to have two beds, but something isn't settling right with me on the matter. He had a bit of a streak about how Tar and I should enjoy our years together, and then after I should consider moving on with my life, and finding someone else; this talk of going to his home was a bit unsettling after that.

Eventually, he left and I was able to sleep. The new cat jumped up on the bed like she owned it and dropped herself down half on my chest and wouldn't move.

I've run a note to Miss Faeshadow, and now I'm gathering up my things to get more jumjum so I can keep cooking. The Nature's Bounty has asked me to come to their facilities from now on, so I will be working there as soon as I get some of the jumjum and search again for Tarack.

Perhaps today I can go more places, since I feel a bit stronger than yesterday...I just hope he's there...

No comments:

Post a Comment